Features and benefits
- Can have different maturities up to five years
- Offers a choice of cashable, redeemable or non-redeemable
- Can have a guaranteed interest rate or market-based return with a guaranteed principal
- A great way to save or protect yourself against inflation
See current term deposit rates at G&F
MarketWise term deposit
Earn higher potential returns from the stock market with a guaranteed minimum return, without risking your principal investment.
G&F’s MarketWise term deposit is ideal for those seeking higher potential returns than traditional term deposits.
Returns are calculated based on the performance of the S&P/TSX 60**, representing 60 publicly traded companies across Canada’s leading industries. The principal investment amount is 100% protected, allowing unlimited potential for gains without the risks associated with a down market.
Make the most of your investments
Gain potential returns from the performance of the S&P/TSX 60 stock market index and feel secure knowing you'll have a guaranteed minimum return.
- Available as a 3-year or 5-year, non-redeemable term investment
- Minimum $1,000 deposit and no fees
- Your principal is 100% guaranteed. Protection provided by the Credit Union Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.
- Guaranteed minimum cumulative return of 3% for a 3-year and 5% for a 5-year investment
- Eligible for RRSPs, TFSAs and non-registered accounts
|Minimum deposit amount||$1,000|
|Minimum guaranteed cumulative return||3%||5%|
|Participation rate of market gains of term||75%||125%|
|Maximum potential return||Unlimited|
Track the performance of G&F's MarketWise term deposits
*The Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation (CUDIC), a statutory corporation, guarantees all deposits and non-equity shares of British Columbia credit unions as set out in the Financial Institutions Act. Credit union equity shares, debt instruments and investments such as mutual funds or RRSP equity plans are not covered by CUDIC.
**Standard & Poor’s®” and “S&P®” are trademarks of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. and have been licensed for use by Central 1 Credit Union and sublicensed by the Credit Union. “TSX” is a trademark of the Toronto Stock Exchange and has been licensed for use by Central 1 Credit Union and sublicensed by the Credit Union. MarketWise Term Deposits are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Standard & Poor’s or the Toronto Stock Exchange and neither party makes any representation regarding the advisability of investing in these deposits.
Want more information?
For more information on the return calculation or details and special conditions for our MarketWise term deposits, call 604-419-8888 or talk to the experts at your local G&F branch.