Pay on the go with your smartphone
Here’s how to start using Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make easy and secure purchases.
Add your G&F Financial Group MemberCard to your phone for easy and secure purchases using Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
When you turn your phone into your “mobile wallet”, you’ll see these benefits:
- You can make contactless, one touch payments
- There’s no need to enter your passcode or provide a signature
- Works at any store that displays the INTERAC® Flash logo or the contactless symbol
- Your banking information is secure; no information is saved on your phone
Where can you pay with your smartphone?
If you have an iPhone, you can use Apple Pay to make easy and secure purchases with your phone.
Set up Apple Pay
Your iPhone will need to have Face ID or Touch ID in order to use Apple Pay. See the Apple website to check whether your phone is eligible.
- Open the Wallet app and tap the plus sign
- Follow the steps to add your MemberCard. Click here to watch a demo video.
- Tap Next – G&F will verify your information and confirm you can use your MemberCard with Apple Pay.
- After G&F verifies your card, tap Next
Pay with Apple Pay in a store
You can use Face ID or Touch ID on your iPhone to pay with Apple Pay when you’re out shopping. You’ll need to make sure your G&F Financial Group MemberCard is set as your “default card” in the Wallets app on your phone. Click here for instructions.
Pay with your iPhone with Face ID
- To use your default card, double-click the side button on your iPhone.
- Glance at your iPhone to authenticate with Face ID, or enter your passcode.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display.
Pay with your iPhone with Touch ID
- To use your default card, rest your finger on Touch ID.
- Hold the top of your iPhone close to the payment reader for a few seconds until you see Done and a checkmark on the screen.
If you have an Android phone, you can use Google Pay to pay with your phone.
Google PayTM is the fast, simple way to pay in millions of places — online, in stores, and more. It brings together everything you need at checkout and protects your payment info with multiple layers of security. Plus, you can manage your account wherever you want - on the web or in the app. When you pay in shops, Google Pay doesn’t share your actual card number, so your information stays secure. Plus, you can check out faster with the device that’s already in your hand – no need to dig for your wallet.
Set up Google Pay on your Android phone
- Download the Google Pay app from the Play Store
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Swipe up from the bottom.
- Tap Add a card > Debit or credit card.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your G&F Financial Group MemberCard
Pay with Google Pay in a store
- Unlock your phone (you do not need to open the Google Pay app)
- Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds until you see a blue checkmark on the screen.
© 2021 Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC
If you have select Galaxy devices from Samsung, you have the option to use Samsung pay.
Keep your favourite debit, credit and loyalty cards with you so you can pay in-person or in-app using Samsung Pay. Plus you can collect extra rewards and benefits for the same purchases you make every day.
Set up Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay comes preloaded on Samsung Galaxy devices, but you can always reinstall it. Here’s how to set up Samsung Pay for the first time:
- Open the Samsung Pay app.
- Tap Get started.
- Enter a new PIN for Samsung Pay, and then enter it again to confirm.
- Add your G&F Financial Group MemberCard.
Pay with Samsung Pay
- Open Samsung Pay on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Tap Pay.
- Select your MemberCard.
- Authorize the payment by using your PIN, fingerprint or iris scan.
- Tap PIN or IRIS, and then enter the required security information. Or if you have fingerprint security set up, simply place your finger on your phone's fingerprint scanner.
© 2021 Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Samsung and Samsung Galaxy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., used with permission.