Market Code of Conduct
At G&F Financial Group, we are committed to delivering advice and solutions which improve your financial wellbeing and enhance your life beyond banking. Our standards are captured within our voluntary G&F Market Code of Conduct. This code is our promise to you captured within the five central principles broadly outlined below:
- Business practices: We are committed to providing fair treatment to everyone who uses our products and services.
- Fair treatment and fair sales: We treat our credit union members and customers fairly and demonstrate fair sales practices at all times —this is an integral part of our business practices.
- Access to banking services: We ensure that all members and customers are granted access to fundamental financial services.
- Transparency and disclosure: We use plain-language descriptions of products and services in our communications to ensure you can make informed decisions.
- Complaint handling: We examine complaints and work to settle them fairly, and we track complaints to help ensure our practices continue to improve.
Have your feedback and concerns heard
If you have any feedback or concerns about service you’ve received from G&F Financial Group, we would like to hear from you. We are dedicated to resolving any complaints fairly and we will use your feedback to improve how we serve you going forward. The steps below outline how you can tell us your concerns.
Step 1: Talk to your Branch Manager
When you have feedback to share, reach out to your Branch Manager. They are your first point of contact to help resolve any concerns you have. If your Branch Manager is unable to directly resolve your concern, they may escalate the concern to the Associate Vice President of Member Experience or another senior manager.
Step 2: Escalate to the Complaints Officer
In the event your concern remains unresolved, or you still have feedback you’d like to share, you may contact our Complaints Officer who will review your email and escalate your concern to the CEO’s office. The Complaints Officer is committed to providing a response to you within 90 days of receiving your feedback.
Please email your feedback or concern to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Escalate to the Board of Directors
As a member of our credit union, you may direct any concern in writing to the Board of Directors. You can send an email to Lisa Boyle, Corporate Secretary at email@example.com (Attention: Board of Directors) or mail a letter to:
Board of Directors
G&F Financial Group
7300 Edmonds Street, Suite 401
Burnaby, BC V3N OG8
External Complaints Body
If your concern remains unresolved and you would like to escalate your complaint further, you can contact the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI). OBSI will undertake an independent review of your complaint. You may submit your concern to OBSI if:
- We are unable to resolve your complaint within 90 days of your escalation to the Complaints Officer, or
- You have not received a response from our Complaints Officer within 90 days of submitting your feedback.
Contact for OBSI:
20 Queen Street West, Suite 2400
P.O. Box 8
Toronto, ON M5H 3R3