We will hold our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
All members are invited to join us online for this virtual event.
Watch your inbox for your AGM News where you'll learn how to register to attend our upcoming AGM on April 20, 2021.
Board of Director elections take place leading up to the AGM, when a Director’s term expires (every three years). All candidates must be nominated by no fewer than three (3) G&F members in good standing in order to run for election. If the number of qualified candidates is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, those nominees shall be declared elected by acclamation.
To be eligible for election as a Director, a candidate must:
- Have been a member in good standing of the credit union
- Have a good track record of community involvement; and,
- Have not remained in default of any obligation to the credit union for seven (7) days after having received notice of such default from the credit union.
The candidate must have met the above criteria for at least one (1) year prior to January 1 of the year in which voting in the election will be held. Each candidate must also meet the following criteria:
- Be the age of majority
- Be eligible for fidelity bonding
- Be financially responsible (as per a credit check)
- Be of sound mind
- Be qualified to become or act as a Director pursuant to the British Columbia Business Corporations Act, the Financial Institutions Act, and the Credit Union Incorporation Act
- Be available to meet with the Election Committee as designated by the Election Committee
In addition, each candidate must not:
- Be in a conflict position with any matters related to the credit union (as determined by the Personal Information Return and the Code of Conduct Policy)
- Have been bankrupt in Canada or elsewhere within the last five (5) years (s. 99(2) of the Financial Institutions Act)
- Have been convicted of any criminal act of any nature whatsoever during the past seven (7) years (as verified by a criminal background check)
- Be an employee or affiliate of the credit union; or the spouse, parent, child or step-child, of a paid employee or affiliate of the credit union during the current year or the preceding five (5) calendar years prior to the close of nominations
- Be an employee, officer or Director of any competing financial institution (banking, insurance, brokerage or trust organization)
Call for Board of Director Nominations
Join the G&F Financial Group Board of Directors
Three (3) directorships are available for a
three (3) year term.
Desired candidate profile
The Election Committee has reviewed our current board requirements and has identified competencies that are best suited to our Board of Directors. The desired candidate profile includes skills and background in the following key areas:
- Digital Engagement/Technology: familiarity with, and an understanding of, using best practices to engage audiences using a variety of digital platforms and devices
- People Skills: interaction, interpretative and communication skills
- Strategic Business Acumen: understanding the risks and opportunities within a business situation with solid decision-making abilities that lead to a positive outcome
- Previous Board Experience: familiarity with serving on a Board of Directors for an organization or non-profit group
Background skills and qualifications
Other required skills and qualifications that prospective candidates should possess are:
- Financial: the skills and knowledge to interpret detailed and complex financial statements and to assess business performance
- Cooperative values: a commitment to the Cooperative Principles
- Self-improvement: dedication to self-development through ongoing education
- General: an understanding of the impact of current economic conditions from an industry, local and global perspective
G&F Financial Group promotes gender and ethnic diversity throughout our credit union. We encourage members who have an appreciation of the rapidly changing business climate to submit their name for nomination.
Request further details around eligibility requirements and pick up a nomination package from the G&F Corporate Office at 401 – 7300 Edmonds Street in Burnaby. Nomination packages will be available starting Monday, January 4, 2021. Completed nomination forms and pertinent information must be received at our Corporate Office by the Close of Nominations: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 by 4:30 pm. For more information, call 604-517-5100.