‘Tis the season to give back
$200,000 Community Holiday Giveaway
2021 has been a tough year for so many, including community groups. This holiday season we want to show our appreciation for those who work hard all year to build healthy communities we can all thrive in.
1+1 = $200,000 for our local community!
With Aldergrove Credit Union and G&F Financial Group becoming Better Together when we merged this year, we have more resources to invest in our communities. This December, we gave $200,000 to our community!
Charity vote results
The results are in! Our employees and members voted on how $50,000 should be donated and here are the results:
- SHARE Family & Community Services - $20,000
SHARE provides leadership and programs in response to the social needs of the residents of the Tri-Cities
- Cyrus Centre, Abbotsford - $15,000
Cyrus Centre provides youth with a way out and a way off the streets.
- Dixon Society - $10,000
The Dixon Society provides shelter, guidance and hope for women and children fleeing violence.
- Foundry Abbotsford - $5,000
Foundry is a collaborative community where youth and families can learn, grow and thrive amid life's challenges.
How we gave away $200,000 to our communities
The charity vote was just one component of G&F Financial Group’s giving initiative. Below is a breakdown of our giving this season.
- Educational support – $30,000 donated to the Credit Union Foundation of BC to support students in their education
- Charity vote – $50,000 donated to charities as listed above, as voted on by employees and members
- Regional support – $120,000 donated to our communities, as recommended by branch regions