The G&F Financial Group Foundation (the Foundation) provides financial assistance to charities and non-profit agencies that build on the values of G&F to make a positive and lasting impact in the community.
The Foundation is funded primarily through discretionary allocations from G&F, which are approved by the Board of Directors and also through donations from fundraising events.
Applications for funding through the G&F Financial Group Foundation are accepted each year. Submit your application between the specified dates:
Application period: January 2 – April 30
Foundation committee meeting: June
G&F Financial Group Foundation criteria
The G&F Financial Group Foundation (the Foundation) provides financial assistance to charities and non- profit agencies that build on the values of G&F Financial Group to make a positive and lasting impact in the community. The Foundation supports:
- Community health – programs, schools or groups that contribute to the well-being of our communities
- Social care – programs or groups that support mental and physical health, diversity, equity and inclusion and financial literacy
- Environmental impact – programs or groups that support the education, wellness, sustainability and health and vitality of our environment
Following the overall Community Investment purpose and guiding principles, specific criteria for the Foundation and to qualify for support, organizations and programs must meet the following criteria:
- Registered charity status
- Are not for profit
- Employ ethical methods of publicity, promotion and solicitation of funds
- Administration costs of the organization are reasonable and minimal
- Demonstrate strong support and need for the programs/services provided
- Have a long-term impact and has a measurable benefit to that segment of the community served by the organization (affect significant numbers of people)
- Provide recognition to the FoundationFunding request must be $2,500 or more
- The maximum amount a charity can be funded per year is up to 20% of the annual foundation allocation
- Only single year funding will be considered
- Organizations that have not received funding in the previous funding period (i.e. if an organization receives funding in 2021, they are eligible to reapply in 2023)
- Organizations within our areas of operation
The Foundation will provide funding for capital items only, focusing on the tangible improvement and sustainability of charitable organizations. The Foundation will use their discretion to determine where the funds will be allocated.
The table below is a guide to what is eligible and ineligible for funding through the Foundation.