Education Awards and Scholarships - Affiliates Program
G&F Financial Group offers five $1,000 education awards to students who are beginning or continuing a full program of studies at an accredited university or technical institute in BC, including but not exclusive to University of British Columbia (UBC), Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, Kwantlen University, BC Institute of Technology or a BC college. Applicants must be active members or immediate family of an active member of the credit union.
Applications are administered by the UBC Affiliates Program. However, they may be awarded to students at any of the above mentioned universities and colleges. These awards are awarded to the candidate who, in the opinion of the University, in consultation with the Credit Union, is best qualified in terms of academic merit and financial need. Scholarships are offered equally to students attending one of the Universities, BCIT, or a BC college.
- Along with all other scholarships being offered, applications are available at all Universities, Colleges and online at this link: http://www.students.ubc.ca/finance/awards.cfm?page=scholarships&view=affiliation (Applications are not available at the credit union)
- Students will complete the application, indicate which scholarship they are applying for, and follow instructions for submission (sent to UBC)
- Applications must be received by Student Financial Assistance and Awards by June 30
- UBC will review the applications and contact the credit union to verify eligibility
- UBC will advise the lucky recipient(s) and mail them the scholarship award
Education Awards and Scholarships - Specific Post-Secondary Institutions
In addition to the affiliates awards administered by UBC, G&F Financial also offers education awards for students beginning or continuing a full program of studies at Simon Fraser University (SFU) and Kwantlen University and College (Kwantlen). Two $1,000 awards are available at SFU and three $1,000 awards are available at Kwantlen University and College.
To apply for these awards, please contact the Student Services Centre for Simon Fraser University or Kwantlen University and College for more information.
Out of Province Scholarships
G&F Financial Group will offer two $1500 awards each year to students who are beginning or continuing a full program of studies at an accredited university or technical institute outside the province of British Columbia. Applicants must be active members or immediate family of an active member of the credit union. Recipients are chosen based on a number of factors including academic achievement, support of the credit union, extra-curricular activities and community involvement.
To apply for these awards, please contact email@example.com for more information. The closing date for applications is September 1 of each year.