Registered Education Savings Plans

Claim your child's $1,200 education grant and an additional $5,000!

Was your child born in 2007 or later? If so, they may be eligible for a $1,200 education grant from the government of BC. The BCTES grant of $1,200 is available to all children who at the time of application:

  • Was born in 2007 or later
  • Is the beneficiary of a RESP
  • Along with their parent(s) or guardian, is a resident of BC

Through the Canadian Education Savings Grant (CESG), the government of BC will give 20% on every dollar for the first $2,500 you save in your child's RESP each year. If you stay on this plan for 10 years, your overall total will be $5,000* - an investment opportunity you cannot afford to miss.

With the BCTES Grant & the CES Grant, you will have $6,200 in government assisted funding after 10 years.


How to apply for the BCTES Grant and the CES Grant Expand/Collapse

  1. Open an RESP for your child

  2. Apply at your nearest G&F Financial Group branch

RESPs empower you child’s future Expand/Collapse

Help fund their education by investing with an RESP. Funding your child’s post-secondary education is within reach.

Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs) are government endorsed savings plans for post-secondary education. Contributions and income earned within RESPs are sheltered from tax until they are withdrawn, typically eliminating you and your child’s tax obligation.


Want to learn more about RESPs?

Open your child's RESP today

*Up to $500 per calendar year, for a maximum of $7,200 (excluding the BCTES Grant).