Call for Board of Director Nominations
Be a leader and join the G&F Financial Group Board of Directors
G&F Financial Group is currently accepting nomination for leaders wanting to make a positive impact to their credit union and community. Submit your nomination to be on the Board of Directors today!
On Tuesday April 4, 2017, G&F will hold its 76th Annual General Meeting (AGM). The terms of four (4) Directors will expire at the AGM, with four (4) Directorships becoming available for a three year (3) term.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Election Committee has reviewed our current Board requirements and has identified competencies that are best suited to our Board of Directors. The desired candidate profile includes skills and background in the following key areas:
- Legal: experience in the legal field, either specialized or in general practice
- Information technology/payments: familiarity with the IT industry within operations and business process improvements
- Human Resources: extensive experience or familiarity with human capital and related practices in the HR arena
BACKGROUND SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Other required skills and qualifications that prospective candidates should possess are:
- Financial: the skills and knowledge to interpret detailed and complex financial statements and to assess business performance
- Cooperative values: a commitment to The Cooperative Principles
- Self-improvement: dedication to self-development through ongoing education
- General: an understanding of the impact of current economic conditions from an industry, local and global perspective
G&F promotes gender and ethnic diversity throughout our credit union and encourages members who have an appreciation of the rapidly changing business climate to submit their name for nomination.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Save the date! We encourage all members to attend our 76th Annual General Meeting on Tuesday April 4, 2017. Watch your mail for more information in an AGM News package in early 2017.
For more information, please call 604-517-5100.
Request further details around eligibility requirements and pick up a nomination package from the G&F Corporate Office at 7375 Kingsway (3rd floor) in Burnaby. Nomination packages will be available starting on Tuesday, January 3, 2017. Completed nomination forms and related information must be received at our Corporate Office by the Close of Nominations on Friday, February 3, 2017 by 4:30 pm.